Omanbapa is a series (episodic), developed around the life of a conscientious, “green-loving” Environmental Studies Teacher, picking scenes from home, the classroom setting, and society at large.
• Imagine a drama series, with an environmental theme, woven around the life of an Environmental Studies Teacher who is a passionate green advocate
• Imagine stories playing on his home/domestic setting, where every feature is environmentally friendly ( water saving, energy saving, recycling, refuse separation, organic product use, etc )
• Imagine his classroom sessions ( Senior High School setting ); the discourse; field trips; demonstrations; and the other countless ways in which topical issues about the environment can be put into the public domain
• Imagine his interactions with the general public; the education; enlightenment; and insight about the environment that can be engendered
All this will be packaged into 30mins of wit, humour, conflict, and pure drama.
Name- Kojo Boame-Brimpong
Age - 38yrs old
Academic Qualifications- BSc Environmental Studies, Postgraduate Diploma in Education
Kojo is a supreme patriot, full of humour and wit. His almost saint-like mien, earns him admirers and detractors in equal measure.
Teacher Boame-Brimpong is driven by green advocacy. He believes the world is gradually killing itself with selfish, greedy, and irresponsible behaviour.
He is on a crusade to help fix that. However like all humans he has his faults. It will be interesting to find the chink in his armour.
• TEACHER’S WIFE:
Name - Naa Adjokor Boame-Brimpong
Age - 34years old
Academic Qualification – Diploma in Marketing
A feisty Ga woman from Osu, Naa is fiercely committed to her family. She and Kojo were school mates. Drawn to him by his academic prowess, and fearlessness ( Kojo had been in the forefront of most ‘alutas’ at school ), the couple are a good match, and enjoy a very healthy relationship.
Kojo is calm, measured, and persistent, whilst she is vivacious, and full of heart. A trader in the market, she is an equal partner in the marriage, and uses her street wisdom to protect her family.
She is largely supportive of Kojo’s love for the environment, but like every couple, they have their moments of conflict. Both have strong personalities. The couple have two children
• TEACHER’S CHILDREN:
The first born of the Boame-Brimpong’s , Madiba ( named after Nelson Mandela ), is a bright lad with a light-hearted disposition-different from his father’s serious mien. He is seriously into music, sometimes to his father’s chagrin.
He is a free-spirited lad, with a good heart-his Mum’s darling. He is a source of conflict between the couple sometimes; Due to the friends he keeps; How he spends his time; and his career aspirations.
Kojo loves his son, but feels he could be led astray.
Yaa Asantewaa Boame-Brimpong
Yaa the couple’s daughter is a brainy, headstrong, and highly opinionated young girl-due mainly to her voracious reading habit. She constantly tests her wits against Madiba, her older brother. She has joined her Dad in his green advocacy-she shows a remarkable knowledge about environmental matters. Her Dad’s darling, she intends to be a politician in future.
• CASSIUS SMITH ( 48yrs ):
Cassius Smith lives just down the road from the Boame-Brimpongs. He is a bombastic businessman, used to having his way. A ruthless operator, he believes money rules and solves all. He expects carte blanche respect from everyone in the neighbourhood, though he does little to help them.
He has political ambitions, and sees Kojo as a threat, due to his community spirit, and immense popularity. His Machiavellian inclinations, means that he is a man who must be watched closely indeed.
OTHERS TO BE PROFILED:
• A Traditional Ruler ( Kojo’s mentor )
• A flirtatious girl ( One of Kwame’s students )
• A ‘Competing/Scheming Teacher’ ( female )
• A ‘Green’ Club ( Community based )